Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Beyond the Tree Octopus: web evaluation resources

The resources below are part of a workshop on web site evaluation that I'm presenting at this year's Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference. To me, teaching kids to be more critical of the information they find online is the most important part of my job. I hope you feel the same and that you'll find these ideas and resources useful.

Enjoy!

Kathy

Watch the presentation on Slide Rocket.

My notes that I used while giving the presentation have lots of links and extra info.

Have some fun with our website speed dating activity. Use our "first date feedback" sheet and our website evaluation rubric.

Try this web evaluation activity using websites pertaining to autism. (Save the Google form as your own before using this, or you won't have access to your students' answers!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kathy -

    I love the "speed dating" approach to web evaluation. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas.

    Happy Holidays!

    :)

    Lisa Petrie, Librarian
    Souhegan High School
    Amherst, NH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! Let me know if you try it out & how it goes.

    ReplyDelete